Monthly Loves - October

8:00 AM




Fall is officially here. It is dark out in the morning when we wake up and cool enough all day where all you want to do is wear warm cozies and read a book under a blanket. October flew by and we are getting close to the holiday season. Livia turned 6 months old this month and this mommy is having a little bit of a hard time with that. She's not my little peanut anymore! Here's a list of things that got me through the month:

What I'm Reading: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I picked this book up because it seems like it was on everyone's reading list or book club list. I am 80% through it but just not loving it....feels a bit depressing.

Last Movie I Saw (and Loved!): The Martian. I also read the book at it equally good! For the first time I would recommend seeing the movie first because it will keep you on the edge of your seat more and then read the book. The book goes into greater detail and helps you understand the movie better.

Baby Love: We read to Livia every night before bed and the BEST book we have read her to date is The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt. Mark and I were laughing through the entire book.

Podcast I'm Listening To: Death Sex + Money. A podcast about the big questions and hard choices that are often left out of polite conversation. Host Anna Sale talks to celebrities and regular people about relationships, money, family, work and making it all count while we're here. I have listened to this podcast for months and always love seeing a new episode pop up. Next up to try: Man Repeller (excited to listen to episode 4 with Stacy London)

Eating: It's Mark's week to cook! We came up with a plan that he would meal plan, grocery shop and cook for two weeks, and then I would. It has been awesome! We have very different cooking styles and like to cook different types of dishes. It has kept us from getting into the dinner time food rut. But, I have made this Creamy Parmesan Tomato and Spinach Tortellini soup a few times already this fall and it is amaze-balls (is that overused by now?). Easy to make with kale, spinach, cheese tortellini, ravioli or whatever you have lying around.

Creating: I like big bows and I can not lie! I'm going to try and whip one of these adorable headbands this weekend for Livia. Not sure how quickly they'll whip but we'll see.

Blog Love: I have and I always will love A Cup of Jo. By now Joanna feels like a best friend and someone I would meet for coffee or wine and talk all day long.

You Might Also Like

0 comments