December Loves

5:00 AM



Happy New Year! We celebrate New Year's Eve like any new parents do; by going to bed at 11:00 p.m. and waking up on New Year's Day at 7:00 a.m. We had a glass of champagne in bed and watched the ball drop in Times Square (Eastern Time) then turned off the light and went to bed. Exciting stuff I know. But I was happy to celebrate the holidays with my little family. Time flew by way too fast. 2016 means the promise of new adventures and experiences...cheers!

Some loves from December:

What I'm Reading: During the holidays I read The Immortal Nicholas by Glenn Beck. I am not a fan of Mr. Beck, but I picked up this book because of the Christmas theme. It was so good. Helped me remember the reason for the season. Going to recommend the book to my family for next season.

Now I'm going to start All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I am probably the last person on the planet to read this book. Actually, I started this book at some point in 2015, but never finished it. So, we'll try this again.

Last Movie I Saw (and Loved!): We went, we saw and we LOVED Star Wars! But, Mark and I recently have been hooked on (along with the rest of the nation it seems like) Making a Murderer. Can't stop watching....

Baby Love: We have a crawler! She is as fast as lightening too! Holy bananas! One minute she's in the living room and I'm in the kitchen (we have one big open layout so basically we're in the same room) and I look down and she's at my feet. What?! Were did my baby go!? Thank goodness for Retract-a-Gate. Ours matches our decor so it doesn't scream 'a baby lives here'. It is super easy to install and open/close for when you need it. Now to just talk Mark into another one for the lower level....

Podcast I'm Listening To: Again, everyone seems to be addicted to the Serial podcast. We were hooked on season one (Mark so much so that I had to limit him to the amount of conversation we could have about it) and are now listening to season two. Season two...eh. Not as attention grabbing as the first season (for me anyway). But it gives me and Mark something to talk about.

Eating: One of my goals for 2016 is to be a better meal planner....more to come. And wish me luck on this endeavor. Mark said to me the other night, 'you used to love cooking and love cooking for me'. He said this as I was complaining about what to make at 6:00 p.m. This is true, so I'm going to work on loving cooking agin.

Blog Love: Dinner a Love Story. I hope to start a love story with dinnertime in our household again. Right now I love it but I don't have to like it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments